versie: 25 april 2018
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are stored by a Web browser at the request of a website or Web application. Cookies are intended to remember information that can be used on multiple web pages, for example whether you are logged in or what you have placed in the shopping cart of a webshop. Cookies ensure that you do not have to login to each new page during your visit to a website and that you do not have to charge every product before you can continue shopping. However, Cookies can also contain a unique code that can track your behavior on the Internet. This is primarily a risk in the case of advertising networks that are used in many different sites, because a cookie can be read by the ad network on each of those sites and a behavioral profile can be created. Therefore, anyone who places cookies is obliged to inform you of the way cookies are used.
What types of cookies are there?
- Necessary – These cookies are necessary to browse websites. Without these cookies, ordering and electronic payment are not possible.
- Functional – Remember websites which choices you made during the website visit. For example, these cookies are used to preserve preferences such as text size and font. These cookies can also be used to personalize the website based on your preferences or product selection that cannot be redirected to your exact Online account.
- Analytical – these cookies collect information about the visitor behavior on websites, for example, which pages you visit frequently. On the basis of this data, websites and their navigation can be optimized. These cookies are also used to track how you have ended up on a website. These cookies do not store any information that can be used to identify your identity and keep the data anonymous.
- Profiling – These cookies follow a user for a longer period of time across different websites and are able to build a profile. This allows a user to be segmented by specific interest. These cookies are widely used to advertise online. An ad Network Places a cookie on the user’s computer through a third-party site. This cookie can be read by the network on the Web site that is located in this ad network.
- Remembering your user settings to make our websites and Web applications work better, for example by remembering whether you are logged in (necessary cookies and functional cookies).
- Making usage data more reliable, for example by keeping track of whether you have visited a website or Web application from us before, so that information about your visit is not counted twice (Analytical cookies).
Cookies we place
|_ga||smarttrackers.nl||Unique Google Analytics identification number to collect statistical information about the use of the website.||Analytical|
|_gat||smarttrackers.nl||Used by Google Analytics to limit the number of requests to Google servers.||Analytical|
|_gid||smarttrackers.nl||Unique Google Analytics identification number to collect statistical information about the use of the website.||Analytical|
|vuid||vimeo.com||Unique Vimeo identification number to track which videos are being played.||Analytical|
Web application (app.smarttrackers.nl)
|_co2m_session||app.smarttrackers.nl||Keep track of the user logged in to the Web application.||Necessary|
Google Analytics Cookies
Through our website an analytical cookie is placed from the American company Google, as part of the “Analytics” service. We use this service to track and get reports on how visitors use the website. Google may disclose this information to third parties if required to do so by law, or to the extent that third parties process the information on Google’s behalf. We have no influence on this. We have not allowed Google to use the analytics information obtained for other Google services.
The information that Google collects is anonymised as much as possible. Your IP address is expressly not given. The information is transferred to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. Google proposes to adhere to the privacy Shield principles and is affiliated with the Privacy Shield program of the U.S. Department of Commerce. This means that there is an adequate level of protection for the processing of any personal data.
Right of access and correction or deletion of your data
You have the right to request access to and correction or deletion of your data. See our Contact page. In order to prevent misuse, we can ask you to identify yourself adequately. When it comes to inspecting personal data linked to a cookie, you must send a copy of the cookie in question. You can find it in your browser’s settings.
Switching cookies on and off
You can find more information on how to disable and remove cookies in the instructions and/or by using the Help function of your browser.